Education is very important for everyone not just to call as educated but to become an intellectual person to live a good life. Education is not restricted to mathematics and grammar but it is more than that. Sometimes, the students don’t even bother to learn decent grammar because they do not want to pay attention to learn it correctly.
The major concern of the executives and clients is the fear of not having a particular degree. In some fields the weightage is not given to the degrees a person is having if he does not have the knowledge about that particular field. If we take an example of MBA degree, it has become quite common degree these days to get a job. Hence an individual does not get much weightage holding an MBA degree these days. In present era, the main factor is that holding a degree of higher education is not enough to achieve great goals in future. An individual need to have the knowledge equally to perform good in a particular field.
Before we go ahead in having a discussion about the difference between knowledge and education, let’s know “what is Knowledge and what is Education”.
How to describe knowledge?
You can describe knowledge as a process performed in which human brain assemble the information collected by a person. Knowledge is actually the data obtained through various sources such as education. This data is obtained mostly in the form of information which eventually brings the knowledge to us. There are two aspects of knowledge- one is theoretical and another is practical. It is not necessary that an individual who has theoretical knowledge will also be able to implement it practically. For example- a person has knowledge of medical science but still he is not able to operate a patient.
How to describe Education?
A general concept of education is that it commenced from our schooling and continues to college and then to university. The source of gaining this formal education is the education institution that provides education to navigate you to achieve your goals related to your career. The education helps to develop the intellectual skills, learning abilities, philosophy etc. which are important factors to prove the intellectual level of the students.
Education is not limited to gaining the bookish knowledge but also helps you to understand the rules & regulations of the society around you. Through education you also get to know your roles & responsibilities towards the society & the people around you. The age factor has direct connection with education. For example- a 10-year-old child may not be able to complete Higher Secondary education as compared to an 18-year-old child.
Another thing to be noted that people take coaching for education to give competitive exams for example- SSC coaching for various government jobs.
What is the difference between Knowledge & Education?
The first thing you need to understand is that the knowledge and education are interconnected to each other. Hence, there is not much difference between both the terms. However, we will discuss something more to understand the difference between knowledge and education as discussed below.
- Education is a formal procedure gained through formal ways from education institutions such as schools, colleges, universities etc., whereas knowledge is an informal procedure gained through practical experiences of life.
- Education is a procedure of acquiring knowledge for day to day use, whereas knowledge is about acquiring data and information through education and other resources.
- People gain education through faculty, mentors, tutors etc., whereas knowledge is a self-acquired process.
- Education is a kind of theoretical process to learn and collecting facts & information, whereas knowledge is the implementation of these facts and figures.
- Education has some boundaries in which the curriculum, rules & regulations have already been defined, whereas knowledge does not have any of these boundaries.
- There is a growth rate in education which grows with your age, whereas in knowledge there is no growth rather it increases with your experiences.
- There is a particular education system in pursuing education that every student has to follow whether he is in school, college or university, whereas in terms of knowledge there is no such system in acquiring knowledge.
- Education requires investments to gain it and to get promoted on higher educations, whereas acquiring knowledge does not require any investment.
- Education leads you to a particular specialization to achieve a specific goal, whereas knowledge brings an all-rounder personality to you.
- You obtain facts & data through education, whereas knowledge brings you general information.
- Education is a kind of mode to acquire knowledge, whereas knowledge is submission of everything which an individual know.
- To acquire education a person need books, whereas knowledge can be acquired without the help of books.
- In short, education is a learning process but knowledge is a process of understanding and implementing the acquired information.
If we conclude what we discussed in this page then having educational degrees of colleges & universities is not enough to meet the expectations of the society and the world from you. Your education will go in vein if you are unable to implement it in your real life. It does not mean that a person should only gain knowledge for practical implementation but education is also important. Actually, education and knowledge go simultaneously i.e. you should gain education to become a scholar and should gain knowledge to become knowledgeable from your practical experiences.